The kids have been back to school for two weeks. We drained and packed away our swimming pool over the weekend. One night last week the low dipped down to 30 degrees. Today the high isn’t expected to go above 60. Summer is officially over here in Northern New Hampshire. Not according to the calendar which says we technically have a few weeks left.
Fall is here. Just take a look at the isles in the stores filled with fall decorating and Halloween candy on display. All of the summer merchandise is on clearance. It’s over. I’ve got to face it and find my silver lining. Hoodies! Breathtaking New England fall foliage. Apple picking with the kiddos! Football! (Go Pats!!) And, good TV.
We don’t have cable so we watch ABC with an antenna and/or on Hulu+ and supplement with Amazon Instant and Netflix, all on our Roku player. Below are the shows that I love to watch from can’t ever miss an episode to “this is funny so I’ll watch” and a few that I haven’t decided on yet. I’ve also included my favorites from this summer.
Five Shows I Won’t Miss This Fall
- Revenge- Absolutely dying for this show to come back!!! If you haven’t watched, catch up on Netflix and be ready for 9/29!
- The Walking Dead- Need I say more? Honestly, I hate guts and zombies but I’m addicted to TWD! Long wait until 10/13!
- Scandal- A little known actress plus White House Scandal? Phenomenol television! Back on 10/3!
- Bones- A started watching during one of my series marathons. And I couldn’t stop! Returns 9/16!
- Revolution- I watched a few episodes last season and enjoyed them but trickled off. Picked it back up on Netflix over the summer and now I can’t wait for 9/25!
- Downton Abbey– You’ve probably heard about this show. I did, a lot. So I tuned in. Honestly, I wasn’t sure for episode one but I kept going. Really, just keep going! The new season premieres in the US January ’14.
Five More Shows I Will Watch
- The Middle- This IS my family. Seriously! 9/25
- New Girl- Just silly, fun comedy. 9/17
- Mike and Molly- Plus size women icon Molly will make you laugh, and stop worrying so much about how you look.
- Raising Hope- Funny, guilty pleasure TV! 11/8
- The Mindy Project- Also funny, guilty pleasure TV! 9/17
Five Shows Still Up in the Air
- Once Upon a Time
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
- Trophy Wife
- The Good Wife
Five Shows I Watched This Summer
- Under the Dome– Watch this. Stephen King based. Suprising, entertaining. Worth it. It’s available on Amazon Instant, free for Prime Members.
- Mistresses- I wasn’t sure I’d like this one and my husband blatantly refused to watch but it turns out I love it! A Desperate Housewives replacement, finally.
- True Blood- I’ve read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books, and I’ve seen every episode. The show itself is dwindling down and I’ve read next season might be the last but I’m still waiting on it.
- The Exes & Hot in Cleveland (Yes, I know they count as two but I never watched one without watching the other. TV Land has some great television!)
- Orange is the New Black- A Netflix original. 13 episodes from season one showed up in Netflix one day this summer. The next day I found myself trying to fast forward to next summer. Exceptionally well done!
One Can’t Miss YouTube Video
Make the Homeless Smile
This was floating around on Facebook. Worth the watch and maybe encouraging others to take action as well! Also, this month is Hunger Action Month.
Check out my post about Moms Fighting Hunger and how you can help the one in six hungry Americans today!
What are you Watching?
What Fall Premieres are you waiting for? Am I missing any great shows? Hate any on my list? Sound off!