It’s easy to be always caught up in the busyness of life. The weekends are a great opportunity to step back, recharge, and spend time with yourself or your loved ones. Here are some tips for planning a peaceful weekend away:
Rent a Cabin
Renting a cabin for the weekend with friends or family is great to get away and also living comfortably while staying close to nature. You can look into the Biltmore Village area of Asheville, making it easy to get around and get the best cabins in Asheville NC. There are also many attractions nearby, such as the Blue Ridge Parkway (which will take you through beautiful views).
• Explore the area. One of the ways to get to know where you are going is by getting out and seeing the sights. Go on a hike with friends, or take an outdoor stroll yourself. Visit a national or state park, or hit up a trailhead close to your hotel room.
• Go to the beach. A day at the beach can be just as relaxing as one spent lounging around your hotel room, but it still feels like a vacation since you’re soaking up the sunshine and watching waves roll in from afar (or feeling them splash against your feet).
• Go somewhere scenic—a lake would be perfect for this. Getting away from it all doesn’t mean completely leaving civilization behind; it just means finding somewhere quiet where you can relax and recharge, even if it’s only for a few hours at most during daylight hours before returning home again later on that evening once darkness falls over land again while stars shine brightly above us all too soon after sunset comes into sight across distant horizons filled with promise.
Pack a Picnic
You can take this as literally or as loosely as you want to. Pack your food in a basket, or grab some bread, cheese, and fruit from the store on your way out of town. The point is to have food with you, so you don’t have to worry about eating at restaurants or stopping for snacks all day. Bring along a blanket to sit on if there’s no grass nearby; it’s more comfortable than sitting directly on the ground.
• Bring Hot Drink Options
A thermos filled with hot chocolate will keep your hands warm while you eat everything else cold. Add marshmallows if that’s what makes hot cocoa right for you (it does). Or bring tea bags instead—the options are pretty much endless here. Just remember: Cold drinks are good too—make sure they’re kept cold via ice packs or coolers (both of which fit nicely inside a picnic basket).
Take Time to Relax
Whether you’ve got three hours or 15, there are plenty of ways to de-stress on your weekend getaway.
Take a nap, read a book or even watch some TV; all these activities can help recharge your batteries and provide much-needed rest. If you have time during the day, take a walk around the neighborhood—the fresh air will do wonders for your mind and body.
Try Something New
Next, try something new. This may mean exploring an area you’ve never been to before. Or it may mean trying a new restaurant or activity—you can always find something to do that you’ve never done before.
In addition to finding new hobbies and activities, try a new sport if you’re up for the challenge. It’s important to stay active and experience different things, so you don’t get bored with your everyday routine.
Explore the Area
• Explore the area. There are many ways to get out and explore your new surroundings, from visiting parks and landmarks (Biltmore Estate) to exploring downtown Asheville.
• Hike in the mountains. If you’re looking for something active, hiking is always a great choice. There are so many trails within proximity that it’s impossible not to find one that fits your interests, whether strenuous or easygoing, on-trail or off-trail exploring, historical points of interest, or vistas from the tops of mountains.
Relaxing and enjoying yourself is the key to planning a peaceful weekend away. Whether planning a weekend getaway or an extended trip, Asheville is a great place to visit. It’s always good to have a positive attitude. If you can do that, then your weekend will be great.