Summer is near, and long days in the sun come, new adventures, sports games, and picnics. Whether you have school-aged children or not, there are plenty of summer activities for families to enjoy! Take a look at these five family-friendly adventures to try this summer.
Zip-lining is a quick and exhilarating way to enjoy the summer! Many ziplining companies offer tours that are perfect for families. Your tour will usually include a safety lesson, a ride on the zipline, and a picnic or meal afterward. Some ziplining facilities even have trails to hike on, animal exhibits like bears or snakes, and property that you can explore. This is an excellent opportunity to get out of the city, have fun, and even learn something new.
Most adults think of dance clubs and nightclubs when they hear “dancing,” but dancing is more than just the nonstop blaring music. Dancing can even be fun for the entire family! Most towns have some dance studio or club where you can rent out space to practice ballroom, swing, ballet, or other types of dancing. It’s a great way to spend time together as a whole family while burning off some energy in a fun way. You can also find dance-oriented leagues and competitions to enter, so it can still be fun for the entire family, even if some are less interested in dancing.
Visiting National Parks
National parks also make great places to visit with the family. Almost every state has at least one, and over 30 states have more than one to discover and explore. These parks are great not only because they are beautiful and offer so much history but also because they provide a way to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Here are some activities you can do at the park;
- Hiking: Hiking is one of the most popular activities here in the summer. National Parks offer multiple hikes, including day hikes and overnight trips.
- Camping: Some parks also provide campgrounds with bathrooms, showers, and picnic areas. Check with the park before you arrive to see which ones have these amenities.
- Biking: Trails are also available in many parks for biking, so if you’re looking for a way to beat the heat, biking trails are an option.
Paddleboarding is a water sport that involves sitting on a board and using a paddle to propel oneself forward. This is another great summer activity for families. The world’s first surf shop opened in San Diego back in the 1960s, and the sport has been popular ever since. The most common paddle boards have closed sides that you can lie on and walk back to for safety. There are also longer boards with open sides, which are great for beginners to get used to. Paddleboarding also allows you to explore areas off-shore that are usually inaccessible. If you are in Southern California, you can search for paddleboard rental in Santa Barbara to try lessons for those interested in the sport, so less experience is necessary.
Going to the Beach
When deciding on a summer activity, don’t forget about a classic: going to the beach! Whether you live near an ocean or large lake like Lake Tahoe or enjoy spending an afternoon at your local park’s splash pad, visiting the beach is always an enjoyable activity for families. Here are some activities you can indulge in while at the beach;
- Swimming – Swimming is an excellent water-based summer activity. It can help improve your child’s confidence in the water and build their swimming skills.
- Beach Games – Nothing says family fun like some good old-fashioned competition! Beach games are a great way to have a blast with your children while making new friendships and finding out who among you is more competitive than the others! Think of things like volleyball, Frisbee, or soccer.
- Relaxing – If you are looking for a more laid-back option, sun tanning and relaxing on a beach towel may be what you’re looking for.
Go to a Concert
Another great way to connect with your family this summer is to go to a concert together. It is always a great time to enjoy live music together. You can check online for local concerts near you to find an artist you and your family would enjoy. If you are located near Costa Mesa, California, the Hadestown tour is currently traveling across North America.
taking a look at these five family-friendly adventures to try this summer can provide you with the necessary activities for the long days of summer. Have the family get together, play some games, go on a hike or make some memories. Everything you do will be fun and memorable once you’re done.