The professional gaming world is increasing in popularity with no end in sight. You can easily have a following on social media platforms, YouTube, and Switch. As you grow in popularity, you may find yourself wanting to make more money, and one way you can do that is to get a sponsorship. Sponsorship is where a company pays you to wear or advertise their merchandise. There are some things that you will want to know before you go out and sign up for a sponsorship.
Types Of Sponsorships
Knowing the three types of sponsorships will help you to learn which one is right for you. These sponsorships include:
• Affiliate code sponsorship. This is the most common of sponsorships. This method works by giving you a discount code for their products. You advertise these codes in your videos or even in your automated gaming highlights software videos that you post on YouTube. When people get these codes, they are happy because it saves them money and will encourage them to come to your channel and the company’s website.
• Hybrid sponsoring. The hybrid sponsorship has the benefits of the Affiliate code sponsorship but has more perks for the sponsoree. You will get a discount code for your audience and an internal code for yourself and the members of your team if you have any. You will be able to get discounted products. In some cases, the sponsor may give you free products that you can give away.
• Pure sponsorship. The Pure sponsorship is the most sought-after of all the sponsorships out there. You get the most benefits from this sponsorship. The perks in this are generally free products, promotion of your gaming channel, and monetary payments. You will only get this if you are high-end and elite. You will need to have a massive influence and a massive audience.
Choosing The Right Sponsorship
You will want to make sure that you choose the right sponsor for your professional gaming. If you end up with the wrong sponsor, this could damage your dreams of becoming a professional gamer. You will want to make sure that you will use the company’s products and that you are excited to promote them. You will also want to make sure that you are choosing a sponsor that your audience will love. Another thing that you will need to ask yourself before taking a sponsor is that if you already have sponsors, are they going to conflict with each other. If they do, chances are that you will want to avoid this.
How To Approach A Business About A Sponsorship
The first thing you will want to do when you want to get a sponsor is to go to their website. They will generally have a form where you enter your information in. Never go to Twitter and send a DM asking a company to sponsor you. This is unprofessional and will not help you get the sponsorship that you want.
Avoiding Common Mistakes When Getting A Sponsorship
There are several things that you will want to avoid when it comes to getting sponsorship, and they include:
• Do not ask for more than you deserve. You never want to ask for more than you deserve. For example, if you only have a YouTube following of 400 people and you do not post a lot of videos, or you post videos about other things, you are not going to bring a lot to the table. Do not expect to get a ton of sponsorship offers until you grow.
• Never sign up for sponsorships in the same category. You will never want to sign up for a company that sells the same thing. For example, you will only want to do one gaming chair company instead of multiple.
• Never do too many sponsorships. You will not want to do too many sponsorships. Aim to have only up to six.
• Do not sign up for sponsorship if you will not use the product. You need to be a fan of the business you are promoting.
• Research the business. Before you sign up for any sponsorship, you will want to make sure that you research the business. Look for things like how they do compare to their competition and what they stand for.
Taking your time and finding the right sponsorship will help your professional gaming grow.