When it comes to gift-giving, do you always struggle to find something that is both practical and personal? Something that your mom or dad will actually use and appreciate, instead of letting collect dust on a shelf? Look no further! This list of gifts has got you covered.
- A personalized mug or ornament. A mug is something that everyone can use, and a personalized mug with a family photo or inside joke is sure to bring a smile to your parent’s faces every time they use it. Likewise, a personalized ornament is a great way to help your parents remember this holiday season every year.
- A nice set of sheets. A quality set of sheets can make all the difference in getting a good night’s sleep, and what parent doesn’t deserve a little luxury? Plus, this gift will keep on giving long after the holidays are over.
- An Amazon Echo Dot. The Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and so much more. In other words, it’s the perfect gift for busy parents who could use a little help staying organized and keeping on top of things.
- A day at the spa. A day of pampering is just what any hardworking parent needs. Whether it’s a massage, facial, mani/pedi, or all of the above, your mom or dad is sure to come out feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- A subscription to their favorite magazine or online service. Does your dad love reading history books but never has the time? Or maybe your mom loves keeping up with the latest fashion trends but can never find the time to do so? A subscription to their favorite magazine or online service will give them something to look forward to every month (or week).
- Gift cards! If you’re really not sure what your parents would like or need, then go with a classic – gift cards! This way, they can choose whatever they want or need without having to worry about whether or not you picked out the right thing. Just make sure you pick an amount that won’t break the bank!
- A homemade card or coupon book filled with thoughtful gestures. Sometimes the most thoughtful gifts are those that don’t cost anything at all. If you’re feeling crafty, put together a homemade card with some of your favorite memories with your mom or dad. Or if you’re not much of a crafter, put together a coupon book filled with things like “good for one home-cooked meal” or “good for one afternoon of errand-running.” Either way, your parents are sure to appreciate the thoughtfulness behind this gift.
- A bottle of flavored whiskey! Flavored whiskey continues to be a popular and easy-to-give gift for new and veteran dads and moms – Flavored Whiskey sales in the past several years are proof of this trend. Flavors like honey, caramel, cherry, blueberry, and many others appeal to a wide range of tastes. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just a reward for hard work, flavored whiskey is sure to make the recipient feel appreciated and loved. Flavored whiskey can make any moment feel like one worth relishing with friends or family. It’s also fairly economical when compared with other spirits on the market – meaning that you don’t have to break the bank for your dad or mom on their special day.
No matter what your budget is this holiday season, there are plenty of great gift ideas for moms and dads that they are sure to love and appreciate – from practical items that will make their lives easier to thoughtful gestures that will warm their hearts. So get creative and have fun picking out the perfect present for the special parents in your life!