No matter where you are in life, thinking of becoming a teacher is a gift you should be excited to get your teeth into. Teaching isn’t just a career, it’s a vocation – a calling. It’s the need to help children and take unmolded clay and turn it into those who are excited for their education. There is no job out there that is perfect and without stress, and teaching is up there as a high-stress job: we won’t lie!
However, considering a career in education is just a wonderful way to go. It’s so important that you have to ask yourself why you want to be a teacher, as you could get inspired and start working for Teach for America. There are so many ways that you can be a teacher, too, from teaching high school kids to being a tutor. Below, we’ve got some of the best reasons that teaching should be your next big idea.
- You will know that you make a difference to the lives of others. Asking any teacher why they want to be a teacher in the first place will throw up a range of answers. Some may tell you that they want to help children to grow and thrive, and others may tell you that they see career stability – we will always need teachers. We all remember at least one teacher who changed our lives at some stage, and you could be that person for someone.
- There are no monotonous days as a teacher. You will be able to do something different and see and hear different things every single day. Teaching isn’t just a job, it’s something that will pull you and push you in all directions, and you have the chance to spice it up as much as you want. You can gain so much from a role with such variety, and teaching is going to be that role.
- You are going to inspire so many people when you are a teacher. You can share your love of learning and you can inspire children to be something great. This is what you need to feel fulfilled, and if that’s the case, you can find such fulfillment as a teacher.
- You will never have to worry about your job. Teachers in all cities and countries are needed and called for, and you can even go abroad and teach English as a second language. Your job security will always be there no matter what, and you will be able to rely on it for life.
- The rewards as a teacher may not be as much in other jobs, but your need to keep children on the straight and narrow and excited about learning will be rewarded enough. There will always be at least one person out there who will benefit from the things that you teach them and while the salary isn’t as high as teachers deserve, the other rewards will be more than enough to make this career worthwhile for you.