When you’re feeling stressed, there are many strategies you can use to control and even reduce your anxiety levels. Food can be one of your most powerful allies when it comes to lowering your stress levels.
According to research, food can play a role in your overall mental health by easing anxiety, reducing stress, and even fighting depression.
Banana Almond Flax Smoothie
Take a sip from this glass of joy. A smoothie can benefit your mental health as well as your taste buds. Omega-3 fatty acids are abundant in flaxseeds and nuts, which can aid in the treatment of anxiety and lift your mood.
How to make it
This smoothie is easy to make, as is every other smoothie. All you need is ripe bananas, almonds extract (organic preferably), and flax seeds. The process is the following:
- Simply slice and freeze the bananas ahead of time (2-3 hours before or overnight if you want).
- Add a few almost extract drops to taste; even if you do a few, it adds a lot of quality!
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until thick and creamy.
Good morning! Pancakes, whether for breakfast or lunch, will almost always brighten a gloomy day. Buckwheat pancakes are an excellent choice for your recipe; instead of boosting your mood, they help stress. These pancakes have flavonoids, which can reduce oxidative stress, which leads to depression.
How to make them
- Baking soda
For the amounts: It depends on the consistency and thickness you are going for; usually, having three parts of dry ingredients for every one part of wet ingredients will give you thick fluffy pancakes. Please test mixture options before cooking.
Process For Making Pancakes
- Combine the dry ingredients, including flours, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Start stirring after pouring the melted butter over the dry ingredients.
- With the help of a fork, whisk the egg and mix it into half of the buttermilk.
- Add the prepared mixture to the dry ingredients, then gradually add the rest of the buttermilk until the batter reaches the desired consistency. It depends on the type of buttermilk you are using in the recipe on the amount you require. If you are using good quality buttermilk, you might just need a bit of it.
- With the help of a paper towel, spray the pan with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Pour the batter onto the pan and spread it out to the desired width. Reduce the heat to a low setting. Allow for 2-3 minutes of cooking time on the first side of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook until it gets brown.
Poached eggs with asparagus
Eggs can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It will depend on how you prepare them. They’re high in vitamin D, which can be beneficial in the battle against depression. Asparagus contains tryptophan, which helps to prevent stress by increasing levels of serotonin in the brain.
How To Make Them
- Fresh Eggs (not refrigerated is best)
- Fresh Asparagus
- Grated Parmesan
- For the amounts: It depends on how many eggs you are making.
- Boil a pan of salted water, then reduce to low heat and keep it there.
- Toast the bread in a griddle pan over high heat. Drizzle a little oil over each slice and place it on a plate or sheet.
- Remove the woody end of the asparagus and griddle it for a few minutes on each side before sprinkling it with paprika and dividing it between the toast slices.
- For three minutes, poach the eggs in the simmering water.
- Dish out the egg and asparagus.
- Grate the parmesan over the top, and you can add mint leaves on top.
Wild seaweed salad
Wild seaweed salad is an easy recipe and can help relieve your stress.
- Sesame Oil
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar in a small mixing bowl and whisk until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Get water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- After 1 minute of boiling, plunge the sea beans into a bowl of ice water.
- Blanch some seaweed for 15 seconds in boiling water before dipping it into ice water.
- Dry the vegetables and combine them with any seaweeds you’d like to eat in a big mixing bowl.
- Chill the salad before eating.
You’ll be amazed to find out that avocado toast can do miracles and help with depression or anxiety.
- Toast Bread
- Fresh Avocado
- Toast your bread slice.
- Take out the avocado’s flesh, put it in a bowl, and mash it with a fork until it’s smooth. Add a pinch of salt.
- Spread it on top of your toast and enjoy.
Quinoa spinach and shiitake salad
The green-packed solid can do all sorts of wonders.
- Fresh Spinach or baby spinach
- Mushrooms (any kind you like)
- Crumbled feta cheese
- EVO Oil
- Whisk together the one teaspoon salt, vinegar, pepper, and oil in a small cup.
- Toss mushrooms with half of the dressing on a broiler-proof baking sheet; broil, tossing periodically.
- Mix 3 cups of water, quinoa, and salt in a saucepan. Bring the water to boil, then low the heat—cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine quinoa, spinach, and hot mushrooms with reserved dressing. Toss all together. Serve the food immediately with crumbled feta cheese on top.
You can also use a little help with a natural supplement for focus and an energy boost; use MCT CBD oil to stimulate your energy levels naturally. The foods can reduce depression and anxiety. Whenever you feel low, follow our recipes, and we guarantee that it will boost your energy.