Destination Puerto Rico
Okay, this might not happen this winter but baby, I’m going to Puerto Rico this year or next! My husband and I have been married since 2009 and haven’t had a honeymoon. This is it!!
I priced out an 8-night trip, including airfare- $1400 for both of us?! Ummm, yes please!! I was looking at a week in March. It just happens that living on the East Coast means great flight prices when you are headed to destination Puerto Rico! Plus, people used to call me Rico when I was a teenager. Coincidence? I think not. Ricoooo suaaaaveeee!
Also, we could potentially pretend for a moment that we don’t have to find babysitters and childcare- if that were the case we could literally just jump on a plane any time- no passport? No problem? American money? Your money’s good here! Whoohoo! I think I just heard its boarding time over the loud speaker…
Puerto Rico Gets 5 Stars!
Puerto Rico is filled with world-class attractions that will turn any trip into a 5-star vacation story. Whether you’re a golfer, foodie, the adventure type, or a beach (rum) bum, Puerto Rico has everything that you want in a nice relaxing vacation. Just hop on a plane and go! Don’t believe me? Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook and Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter.
Puerto Rico Tourism recently partnered with popular travel review site Trip Advisor to transform real traveler 5-star reviews into stunningly beautiful short films narrated by Puerto Rican stars. These reviews will make you want to See Puerto Rico and live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. I’m not kidding! Watch this one…
“Must Do” Puerto Rico Itinerary
Okay, so I could do this trip at the drop of a hat. But let’s be real. I’ve got a ton of planning to do! First, obviously, is bribing the parents to watch the kids. Then, it’s planning out what we will see, do, eat (and drink- RUM). Here are some of my top itinerary picks:
- Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and featured in the Top 10 beaches from Travel Channel — including Flamenco Beach in Culebra, often cited as one of the best beaches in the world.
- You can glow like an angel in the water in the Bioluminescent bays.
- You can visit the only rainforest under US national park service, El Yunque, and climb to the clouds.
- History Buffs can enjoy old world charm of San Juan.
- Adventurers can enjoy horseback riding or the magnificent Camuy caverns that runs through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world.
- Foodies can experience the delicacies of Puerto Rican gastronomy and it’s famous Rums.
So, who’s with me? Or have you already had the pleasure?