Buffalo Chicken Bubble Pizza
One afternoon last week I told my oldest that I was going to make Bubble Pizza for dinner. He’s a huge fan of buffalo chicken anything, especially pizza, so he asked me to make it with buffalo chicken. The creative juices got to flowing and this is what I came up with. My husband and the two oldest kids each had two helpings of this and can’t wait for me to make it again!
- 3 7.5oz cans biscuits
- 1lb boneless chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed onions and peppers (I love the frozen pepper stir fry for quick meals)
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese (I used Kraft Pizza Cheese)
- Buffalo sauce to taste
- Prepared Alfredo sauce – my recipe is below.
- Fry chicken pieces in olive oil. Once they are almost done add in the onions and peppers. Saute until everything is cooked through. Add buffalo sauce and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Quarter the biscuits. Place the cut up biscuit pieces in the bottom of a greased 13×9 baking dish. Pour the Alfredo sauce over the biscuits evenly.
- Top with cheese then add the buffalo chicken and peppers (if using) and any other toppings, bake for about half an hour at 350 degrees.
- Serve with Ranch dressing if desired!
This buffalo chicken bubble pizza was a twist on this recipe –http://ericabuteau.com/2013/02/12/bubble-pizza-recipe/.
You could also try topping this with chicken, broccoli and black olives (sans the buffalo sauce) which would go nicely with the Alfredo Sauce. I just might have to give that a try. Also, my husband said next time instead of the green peppers he wants me to make it with banana or jalapeno peppers. Maybe you want to make that substitution as well!
My family loved this while I enjoyed a Meatza pizza as part of my low carb diet. (Recipe coming soon!)
My Easy Homemade Alfred Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add cream cheese, stirring often while the cream cheese melts. Pour in the cream and mix together. Add the parmesan cheese and keep stirring. Continue adding parmesan cheese a little at a time if the mixture isn’t thickening as much as you’d like. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.