I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.
Ahh, June. A time for June Bugs (eww!), barbecues and lots of summer fun! I recently gathered together with a few friends/family members and enjoyed a great walk through Redstone, NH, a former granite quarry, frozen in time on Rattlesnake Mountain on the outskirts of Conway, NH. We all enjoyed the exercise, as well as the exploration and a sense of walking back in time. This place is a fantastic example of just one of the many living history opportunities available to us in New Hampshire! (We also explored a ghost town, Livermore, NH, and visited an abandoned train.) Lots of cellar holes, photo opps and plenty of picky bushes! Of course, with all of that adventure, we needed something healthy, but fairly quick and easy to prepare for dinner!
If you’ve been a reader for a while you know that I gave up sugar and most carbohydrates a little over a year ago. I’ve had a long relationship with Splenda and love how it tastes, how it dissolves in hot or cold coffee and of course, how it doesn’t leave a horrible aftertaste like other substitutes I’ve tried! I decided to finally give collard greens a try – and I’m really glad I did! I tried Sylvia Wood’s Southern Stir-Fry Veggies Recipe from Splenda’s SWEET SWAPS site which is chock full of great recipes! This recipe features collard greens, cabbage, carrots and is kicked up a notch with the addition of Splenda that gives it the perfect hint of sweet. I served it with grilled buffalo chicken and the flavors went so well together! Of course, I added in some good ‘ole mac and cheese for my carb lovers, too.
Everyone was truly satisfied with this meal! It was the perfect end to a perfect day!!
What are some of your favorite #SWEETSWAPS recipes? Whether you are looking for a main course or a fancy dessert that are part of a balanced lifestyle check out more #SweetSwaps recipes here!
Whether you are looking for ways to reduce added sugar or calories, swapping just one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated saves more than 600 calories!
Sylvia Wood’s Southern Stir-Fry Veggies Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Serving Size: ¾ cup
- 1 (1 pound) package collard greens
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- ½ cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Remove and discard stems from greens. Tear leaves into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add greens and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or wok at medium-high for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add collard greens, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, salt and pepper; stir-fry 2 additional minutes. Cover reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until greens are tender.
To learn more about SWEETSWAPS or the SPLENDA brand visit any of the following: