Are You #CartonSmart?
Imagine if everyone made one small, smart decision a day. How much would it help our planet and our own personal worlds? As an individual, it feels small, but as a collective, the small, smart decisions add up. Tetra Pak applauds the thousands of small acts of smartness that add up to make a big difference. Their Tetra Pak carton packages, designed for maximum efficiency and environmental friendliness, are one small way to live smarter.
This holiday season, Tetra Pak wants to inspire people to make small, smart decisions when cooking for their families and stocking their pantries. I received the starter kit from the Pacific Foods, a brand committed to doing the right thing for you, for the environment, and for their employees, and it is the perfect way to start this holiday season of thanks.
Pacific Foods #CartonSmart Starter Kit
Products included in the kit are:
- Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
- Pacific Foods Organic Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Simply Stock
Tetra Pak cartons are pantry stables for those that enjoy living smart:
- Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
- Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , stackable and space saving.
- The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
- Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
- Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
I so love making bread pudding on Christmas Eve and putting it into the oven on Christmas morning to bake while we tear into presents. This year I’m going to kick it up a notch with this Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe from Pacific Foods. It would have been a great Thanksgiving morning breakfast too! The recipe is dairy free and features the Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree along with the Hemp Non-Dairy Beverage and suggestions for making it Gluten Free!
- 1 carton (16 oz) Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 ¾ cups Pacific Unsweetened Hemp Non-Dairy Beverage (Original or Vanilla)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices of cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 6 cups of cubes)
Combine Pacific Organic Pumpkin Puree, brown sugar, Pacific Unsweetened Hemp Non-Dairy beverage, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a large bowl, mixing well.
Stir in the bread cubes. Let stand 15 minutes. Spoon the mixture into a greased 13×9 inch baking dish.
Bake at 350 F for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes, serve warm.
*Potential garnish: Pumpkin Puree
**For a gluten free option: substitute your favorite gluten free cinnamon raisin bread, or substitute a plain, gluten free bread plus raisins or chopped, dried cranberries.
How can you be #CartonSmart this holiday season? From small, smart recipes that use ingredients in cartons or “smart” entertaining tips that produce great tasting food with little waste please let me know in the comments!!