I recently became affiliated with Craftsy and was offered a free course in exchange for reviewing and sharing with my readers. Craftsy is an online community of 1.5 million “makers” interested in learning and trying new things from quilting to knitting to sewing, cake decorating, gardening, cooking and more. Craftsy uses instructors who are the best in their fields and from household names like Better Homes and Gardens. I’m so glad that I had the opportunity to learn more about Craftsy. It’s truly fun!!
I signed up for Container Gardening. It’s a 10 class course that can be taken any time and includes a community for discussion and sharing photos of your projects. Whether you want to learn a new skill or craft or just want some tips on a new project idea, Craftsy has something for you. The Container Garden course is a paid course but Craftsy offers new registrants a discount and has sales and other special offers often. You can even gift a class! This would make an awesome Mother’s Day gift!
Craftsy Offers Free Mini-Courses! These are some of the ones that I plan on taking:
- Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen’s freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin’s tips and tricks.
- Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
- Short Rows: Don’t fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
- Sewing Machine 911: Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class.
- QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013: Not able to make it to Austin for the Modern Quilt Guild’s inaugural QuiltCon? Watch some of our favorite lectures from the event, given by Heather Jones, Angela Walters, David and Amy Butler, Jacquie Gering, and Mary Fons.
Get started with a free course and I promise you will want to take more! Please let me know how much you love Craftsy and what courses you decide to take!
Disclosure: This post contains Affiliate Links. Bloggers, click here to join Craftsy’s Affiliate Program today!