_I received a sampler of Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen herbs to review as a part of a Blog Friendly PR campaign. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received._
With Fall comes many great new things like apples and pumpkins but it also means the end of garden season for those of us in four season climates. No more fresh produce, farmer’s markets, back yard vegetables and unless you’ve got a great indoor gardening green thumb, this probably also means the end of fresh herbs. Honestly, not much beats a fresh picked and chopped variety of herbs in a great pasta sauce. Whether homemade or a doctored up jar sauce (recipe below).
Until now! I am so very excited about Daregal Gourmet Fresh Frozen Herbs!!! I’ve tried them and I’m impressed! I can always tell the difference between fresh and dried herbs but there’s no telling between fresh and frozen. And, no chopping,weeding, watering, planting either!
Shortcut Spaghetti Sauce
One of my favorite weeknight easy recipes is simply doctoring a jarred spaghetti sauce. I usually start with a large plastice jar of Ragu Traditional. I think its 45 ounces. This will make a double batch and freezes great. A lot of times we will use the leftover sauce to mix with macaroni, put it in a baking dish, cover it with cheese and bake. Yum!
2lb Ground Beef
1 Pk Sweet Italian Sausage- casings removed
1/2 Chopped Red Onion
2 Tbs DaRegal Frozen Garlic
1 Tbs DaRegal Frozen Basil
1 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Steps are numbered in the picture above.
1./2. Saute Basil, Garlic and Onions in Olive Oil until onions are transulcent.
3. Remove from pan, set aside.
4. Brown ground beef and sausage together until cooked. Drain grease.
5. Add sauteed herbs and onions to the meat. Mix well. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
6. Pour in sauce.
7.I like to put this all in a crockpot at this point in the morning on low all day but its fine to just simmer for a bit and serve from here.
8. Serve over hot cooked pasta and enjoy!
Daregal Gourmet Fresh Frozen Herbs:
- Washed, Chopped and Ready to add to any meal.
- Available all year round.
- High quality, full of aroma, flavor, texture, color!
- Cheaper than the alternatives with no waste.
- No added chemicals, salt or preservatives.
- Herbs can be sprinkled without defrosting
- Grow in open fields and are harvested at the optimal maturity.
- Quick freezing preserves the color, flavor, texture and fragrance.
- Lasts for up to three years in the freezer.
Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen herbs are available on Amazon.com and in the Northeast region at Stop n Shop, Giant Landover and Shaws. I really recommend that you pick some up next time you are shopping. They are excellent for saving time and enhancing flavor. This was probably one of my better doctored sauces ever!
Daregal Gourmet Herb Sampler Giveaway
Want to give this a try but not sure if you are ready to buy? Enter to win my Daregal Gourmet Herb Sampler giveaway below! The only requirement to enter is leaving me a comment telling me about your favorite ways to use herbs!! One winner will be chosen at random on October 15th. Good luck and thanks for stopping by!!