According to research by CultureIQ, ‘94% of executives and 88% of employees believe a distinct workplace culture is important to business success.’ Additionally, ‘companies with strong cultures saw a 4x increase in revenue growth.’
If you’re looking to make improvements to your company culture and you’re not sure where to start, take a look at these top ideas.
1 . Employee Recognition Software
To improve your company culture it’s important to recognize and celebrate the achievements of your staff members. Organizations with a great company culture ensure that everyone’s contributions are valued. To support this process you can try employee recognition software such as:
- Nectar: This software works as a rewards and recognition platform, using this tool you can recognize your employees efforts whether you work in the office, or remotely.
- Bonsuly: Another excellent platform that’s great for recognizing employee achievements. One of the best things about this tool is that employees can recognize one another’s achievements, as well as managers.
2. Research Companies With A Great Company Culture
If you’re looking to improve your own company culture you might want a bit of inspiration? To get your started, here are a few companies known for their excellent company culture:
- Repeat Consultants: Haval Dosky runs his IT company with a strong focus on company culture. The organization also has a winning CSR strategy, working with various charities in the local community.
- Insight Global: In a 2020 survey by Comparably, this recruitment company was identified amongst the top 25 companies with the best company culture. One employee commented, ‘This company has become my home away from home and my coworkers have become like family to me. I can’t say enough about how proud I am to work here.’
Other companies that made the top 25 include fintech company Credit Karma, and marketing company Hubspot.
3. Support Employees With Their Long Term Career Plans
To improve the company culture of your business, ensure that you support your employees with their long term career plans. Set up regular one-to-ones, that help your staff to establish their goals. When you support your staff with their career goals you’ll experience:
- Engaged and happy employees.
- Reduced turnover (which means reduced expenses).
- Staff who feel valued and are therefore more productive.
- Highly skilled employees (by supporting extra support and training).
4. Consider Flexible Working Arrangements
When you offer flexible working arrangements you’ll find that your employees are more productive and satisfied within their roles. You might be able to offer this in the form of working from home; flexible hours; and personal days. Besides this, you should closely consider workplace wellbeing, you might like to offer wellness programs, to support the mental health of your staff.
When you’re looking to enhance your company culture, remember to get feedback from your staff. With the help of their opinions you can identify your weak areas and look for ways to improve. By developing a strong company culture you’ll have more chance of globally expanding your business.