If you have a weak jawline or weak chin, you tend to feel less attractive. As this thought is unavoidable, our advice to you is not to force yourself to the beauty standards of most people. Besides, a weak jawline can also happen as we age. You’ll start to notice this if there is a smooth rounded angle at the edge of your jaw. The word also applies to a receding chin, in which the chin is closer to the neck.
A weak jaw doesn’t affect your eating, talking, or smiling ability even if it has the word “weak” in it. But you have to pick many techniques if you want your jawline to be more defined. These include cosmetic surgery, which can modify your jaw shape, and alternative solutions that temporarily change your jawline appearance. If you choose to undergo medical procedures for your weak jaw, you can consider non-invasive treatments like Botox or fillers. Click here if you want to learn more about jaw Botox treatment to get you started.
What exactly causes our jaw to lose its definition? Here are some of the reasons:
- Ageing: The angle of the jaw is rising as you grow older. In the lower part of your face, this reduces the definition. Ageing also lowers the jawbone volume. In exchange, the soft tissue around has less support. This is why the loss of definition in the jaw shouldn’t be something to worry about since most of us will experience it.
- Eating soft foods: Your jaw’s shape also depends on your eating habits. If you eat primarily soft foods, your jaw can be weak. Chewing hard food, on the other hand, places a mechanical load on your jawbone, which enhances bone remodelling.
- Genetics: many of the physical traits are genetically determined. The form and structure of your jaw are included. As a consequence, your parents or grandparent could inherit a poor jawline.
- Overbite: an overbite refers to the overlap of the upper teeth. This can make the bottom jaw too far behind, creating a poor jawline. This can also be the top cause for a receding chin.
Medical Procedures For Weak Jaw Improvement
An additional surgical choice is the augmentation of the chin. An implant will be inserted in the chin, and its definition will be improved. The implant consists of a synthetic material identical to natural chin tissue.
Botox & Fillers
Dermal fillers are soft gels inserted under the skin. It can utilise synthetic or natural substances. If the skin fillers are inserted into your jaw, they will increase the aspect of your jaw.
Botulinum toxin will be injected into the muscles of your jaw during the Botox treatment. The toxin helps to slim and tone the jawline and creates a fixed “V” shape. Fillers and Botox do not require skin incisions. The results, however, are not lasting. For instance, Botox treatment only lasts three to four months, while fillers can go as long as 12 to 18 months. The good thing about these injectable treatments is the results will appear immediately. You can take multiple sessions to maintain their results.
Fat grafting is an alternative to the use of implants to raise your chin. This procedure extracts and transfers fat from another part of the body to your jaw. The fat is normally extracted from the abdomen. This treatment is known to give longer-lasting results thanks to the extracted fat.
The skin raises upwards during lifting of the jaw. The goal is the skin, muscle and fat contour in the region to tighten it up. A raising of the neck can also include removal of fat. This will shape your lower face and build a stronger jawline.
Other Ways To Define Jawline
With non-medical techniques, you can alter the appearance of your jawline. This typically includes changing other parts of the body. To do this, you can learn ways on how to burn fat in the neck area. Read on to learn more about it.
Burn Fat in the Neck Area
If you have excess neck fat, it can boost your jawline’s definition if you lose some weight there. However, fat loss in some areas of the body cannot be targeted. It must be part of an overall plan for weight loss. Here’s what you can do to get rid of that excess fat:
- Control how much alcoholic beverages you consume
- Switch to whole-grain foods
- Exercise daily
- Eat fruits and veggies daily.
- Limit intake of processed foods
- Get 8 hours of sleep.
Do Facial Exercise and Massage Improve My Weak Jaw?
In recent years, techniques of jaw sculpture have become more and more common. Among the most trendy strategies are:
- Mewing: Mewing is a type of facial exercise to define or tone the jawline. In the middle of your mouth, you flatten your tongue. This will change the face and jaw structure. You can do this in the morning or at night. Do this regularly, and you’ll have that toned jawline in no time.
- Facial massage: It is said that a facial massage helps to reshape the jawline. You can do this with your fingers or a special stone massage tool. Do this in the morning or at night before you go to bed.