The temperatures of spring and summer create the perfect breeding ground for toxic mold. Humidity builds up inside your home and can cause mold problems to grow that you may not even realize are plaguing your abode. If you have smells of mold or any leaks, then you need to investigate. Here are the four common areas where mold can be found.
The Shower/Bathtub Areas
Your warm baths produce the moisture needed for mold to grow. Whenever a home has a mold problem, you almost always see it in this area. The constant dampness and high temperatures give mold spores an effortless location to cultivate. Be sure to check ceilings, behind walls, and under sinks and toilets. Your problem can start in an inconspicuous area.
The windowsills are another area where temperature extremes and moisture are prevalent. Mold is more common in this area when a home has older windows. The windows sweat and leak, and the excessive humidity is the perfect breeding ground.
Having mold in the basement has become expected. It’s not if, it’s when with this region of the home. You must be proactive in this area and keep a humidifier going to keep the moisture out of the air.
When you first notice a problem, you need to be proactive to stop the rapid spread of this fungus. Basement mold is almost always severe and requires mold remediation services from a trained expert. You don’t want to cause the spores to go airborne and affect your home’s air quality.
The Kitchen Sink
The kitchen sink is a highly trafficked area that has plenty of moisture. All the splashing and sloshing around makes it difficult to keep mold away. Keeping wet sponges in caddies is a necessity if you don’t want mold in your sink area. Make sure you run the garbage disposal for the proper amount of time when you incinerate any foods.
A mold issue cannot be resolved with bleach, contrary to popular belief. Depending on the size of the problem, you may need professional help. Mold is dangerous, and it can make you sick.
If you start scrubbing and tearing out drywall, then you have caused those spores to go airborne. You can develop respiratory conditions, and it can affect the entire household. Be safe and call for professional services to help with any mold issue you may face.