This post is sponsored in part by Tuttorosso. All opinions are my own.
Perfect Marinara Sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tablespoon Tuttorosso® Tomato Paste
1 (35 ounce) can Tuttorosso® Peeled Plum Italian Style Tomatoes with natural basil flavor, crushed with hands
1/4 teaspoon sugar
5 whole basil leaves
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the peeled plum tomatoes with natural basil flavor, sugar and basil. Stir to combine and then add salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Simmer sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally until thickened and reduced, about 30 minutes. Taste and season again with salt and black pepper if needed. Discard basil and garlic cloves.
- Serve over your favorite pasta. Top with fresh torn basil leaves and grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
Tuttorosso Tomatoes recently launched a new website with recipes, an inspirational ideas blog and even stories from home cooks. As part of that, they are introducing a line-up of Sunday Sauce recipes in a series called Celebrate the Sauce. I don’t know about you but, at our house, we definitely #CelebrateTheSauce often!
I’ve got plenty of Italian in my blood – it takes over when I’m mad (kidding – maybe) and when I’m in the kitchen. I don’t want to brag but I can make a lasagna like no other! Haha! I usually cook up a big sauce like the perfect marinara above or, more often a nice meat sauce on Sundays. I prepare the sauce, put it in my crockpot and simmer all day. Because I’m restricting carbs (96 lbs lost in 8 months and counting!) I prefer making my sauce from scratch so I know exactly what goes in it! I serve my sauce on zoodles (zucchini noodles) or spaghetti squash and cook up regular pasta for everyone else. The next night we usually mix the sauce with macaroni or I make lasagna (for a low carb lasagna I have tried cooked cabbage leaves in the past, next time I think I’ll do thinly sliced zucchini).
The Tuttorosso brand is owned by Red Gold, which is third generation family-owned and family-run. I love the #SundaySauce #TutturossoRecipes ideas!
Tuttorosso Tomatoes Giveaways
My lovely friends at Tuttorosso want my readers to #CelebrateTheSauce too! In fact, they are giving one lucky reader a Tuttorosso kit containing:
- One 28-oz can crushed tomatoes with basil
- One 28-oz. can peeled plum Italian style tomatoes
- One 28-oz can of sauce
- One 6-oz can of tomato paste
- One Tuttorosso apron
- One Tuttorosso wooden spoon
- Plenty of Tuttorosso recipes
The giveaway is open today through December 3rd and a winner will be notified on December 4th! Good luck!!
More Chances to Win!
Tuttorosso also will be hosting a three-week promotion starting November 19, during which they will be giving away 1,000 aprons per week, a daily drawing of 1 heirloom wooden spoon and a grand prize of a Martha Stewart Cookware set. Just go tohttp://www.facebook.com/