This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Texas Pete for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hot and Sweet with Texas Pete
You probably already know that Texas Pete Hot Sauce is a great condiment, perfect for adding spice and flavor to hot dogs, fires, pizza, soups and sandwiches. But, did you know that it also works well as an ingredient in a variety of dishes from ribs to barbecue red velvet icing?!
Yes, you read that right my friends! Let me say it again – add Texas Pete to your red velvet icing! Really! It’s a secret ingredient you can use to make your disghes more memorable, something worth passing down.
You’ll find the recie for Texas Pete Red Velvet Cones below. You can also find plenty more Texas Pete Hot Sauce recipes available online so don’t forget to find Texas Pete Hot Sauce at a store near you!
Share this Post to DONATE $1 to Feeding America
Texas Pete will be donating $1 to Feeding America for every social share of this post. You’ll see the share icons to the left and at the bottom of the post. Share on any of your social networks with the hashtag #TexasPete and for every share Feeding America gets a buck!
[Tweet “Hot and Sweet w/Texas Pete! Red Velvet Cones #Recipe! #TexasPete”]
Texas Pete® Red Velvet Cones Recipe
YIELD: 48 cake cones
PORTION: 1 cake cone
*** ***Cake Batter
5 cups All purpose flour
3 cups Granulated sugar
1 Tbsp Baking soda
2 tsp Salt, fine
2 tsp Cocoa powder
3 cups Vegetable oil
2 cups Buttermilk: room temperature
4 Large eggs: room temperature
3 Tbsp Red food coloring
2 Tbsp Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
48 Ice cream cones, small, flat bottomed
*** ***Cream cheese Icing
36 oz. Cream cheese: softened, whipped
1 stick Unsalted butter: softened, whipped
2 cups Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tsp Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce
Piping bag with small decorative tip
Shaker, Powdered sugar, for garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. In another large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, Texas Pete® Hot Sauce and vanilla.
3. Using a standing mixer, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed.
4. Carefully spoon the batter into the ice cream cones filling them 2/3 of the way up to give them room for rising in the oven. Arrange the cones on a parchment-lined sheet tray standing up and place them into the oven to bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes or until they have fully risen and a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool completely.
6. While the cakes are in the oven, prepare the spicy cream cheese frosting.
7. Place the softened cream cheese and the softened butter into a medium size mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add the vanilla extract and the Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce and whisk one more minute. You may add more powdered sugar or Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce so that the icing is to your liking.
8. Place the spicy cream cheese frosting into a piping bag with a small decorative tip.
9. Using the tip of the piping bag, carefully puncture a small hole into the center of the top of the red velvet cake and pipe approximately 2-3 tablespoons of the spice cream cheese into the center of the cake allowing some of the cream cheese to come out of the top for decoration. Continue until all the red velvet cake cones are filled. Use any extra cream cheese icing to frost the tops of the cones.
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.