Have you caught yourself “scolding” your husband for playing too roughly with the kids, or letting the kids climb too high or do some other activity that you normally wouldn’t let them do? I know that I have! As moms we want to protect our children from well, everything! Sometimes we need to take a moment to remember that their dads want to protect them, too. And, perhaps just let Dads be Dads!
Up for Discussion
I want to know your thoughts on the following questions! Leave me a comment or come visit me on Facebook and join the discussion!
- Are there ways moms inadvertently discourage fathers from being the parents their children them need them to be?
- What is the impact on children when their father is not involved in their lives?
- How did your father parent differently than your mother?
Watch the video below to learn more about why its important to let dads be dads!
Dad’s Way! Let Dads be Dads
First Things First Prize Pack
– His and Hers MoonPie T-shirts (2 Large T-shirts)
– 2 Boxes of MoonPies
Did You Know:
- 24 million children are growing up in homes without their biological fathers.
- Only 30% of divorces are due to infidelity, addiction or abuse, 70% of divorces are due to couples feeling disconnected.
- Couples who manage to devote time specifically to one another at least once a week are markedly more likely to enjoy high-quality relationships and lower divorce rates, compared to couples who do not devote as much couple time to one another.
- Fathers provide unique benefits to their daughters through their active and positive presence from the time of birth all the way through adulthood.
[Tweet “70% of divorces are due to couples feeling disconnected #FirstThingsFirst“]
More First Things First Videos
About First Things First
First Things First (FTF) is an award winning not-for-profit organization dedicated to strengthening families in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
FTF is a resource that collaborates with and is supported by a broad cross-section of community organizations, groups and individuals.
FTF accomplishes it mission through meaningful media messaging and skill building classes.