Make Mom Feel Special Every Day!
Mother’s Day is rapidly approaching! It’s a day for making moms all over feel loved and valued for the vital role they play in our lives. But it’s easy to get into a rut when it comes to finding the perfect gift for the mom in your life. Chocolates and flowers are nice, but maybe try one of the following ideas to help Mom feel special this Mother’s Day.
- Clean her house. What mom doesn’t want a week off from cleaning? If you live nearby, come over and offer to scour the walls, dust, scrub the floors, and anything else that needs doing. If you don’t live close, send Mom a gift certificate for a professional cleaning service.
- Treat her to a spa day. Moms work hard all the time and rarely take time for themselves. Give the mom in your life a day of pampering at the spa. Pedicures, manicures, facials, and massages are great gifts to help Mom relax this Mother’s Day.
- Create your own card. Whether you handcraft a card or design online Mother’s Day cards, the point is to take the time to do it yourself! Not only will the mom in your life be touched by the effort you put into it, but writing your own message will go the extra mile.
- Give her a shopping spree at her favorite craft store. If your mom is big into crafting, this will be the perfect gift! It’s better than a gift card, because you’ll go with her to help her pick out the goods. Not only will she end up with crafting materials she loves, but she’ll get to spend the day with you!
- Ask her what she wants to do. It’s important to make the day all about her – and that means asking her what she would like to do. So many moms sacrifice their desires daily for their children and grandchildren. Show her you don’t take her for granted and would like to do whatever she’d like for the entire day!
- Help her spruce up her décor. The best gifts are personalized ones. Find the mom in your life the perfect home décor – including everything from photo quilts to pillows, fleece blankets, canvas prints, and more – and customize it with photos of the fam!
- Make her a coupon book. This is a great gift for the kids or grandkids to give, since it doesn’t cost any money. Staple together some pieces of paper and have them create “coupons” or “gift certificates” that can be redeemed for things like a hug, a game of cards, a day of being treated like a queen, etc. Tell the kids to get creative – Mom will love it!
- Create together. There’s nothing like a joint goal to bring people closer together. Ask Mom to spend the day with you, working together on a project like painting a room or creating a scrapbook. Make her feel even more valued by asking her to teach you something new.
- Invite her into your world. It’s easy for moms to begin to feel displaced, especially once their children are grown. Show the mom in your life that you still want her in your world by asking her to do something with you that you enjoy and do on a regular basis. So go for a hike, try out a Zumba class, or go out for karaoke – whatever you do, enjoy your time together and show Mom how much you love having her around.
Moms are treasures that should be celebrated year-round, but especially on Mother’s Day. This May, dream up ways to make your mom feel extra special. Good luck and have fun!
Author Bio: Heather Hewitt is a seasoned writer and guest author who enjoys connecting people with thoughtful products, services and ideas as they relate to crafting, photography, gift giving and personal expression.
Looking for a handmade gift the kids can make for Mother’s Day instead? Check out my post, 10 Mother’s Day Gifts the Kids Can Make.
Discuss: What’s one gift that you’ve given to make Mom feel special? Or one special gift you’ve received?