This is a sponsored post on behalf of One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
Microsoft Office 365 Survey Says:
In a recent survey Microsoft learned what I already know first hand;
The 9 to 5 has blurred and today people need modern technology to find balance. From the home to the office, and especially on the go, people all around the world are working differently than the past.
According to a recent study conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of Microsoft, more than half of office workers (53%) would be willing to work more hours—and one in five would be willing to take a pay cut—to have more flexibility in where and when they got work done.
Would YOU consider working more hours or taking a pay cut to have more flexibility?
As a work from home Mom I believe that I do exactly that. I often talk about how working from home isn’t as glamorous or “easy” as people seem to think.
I might be able to work in my pajamas but the time clock doesn’t ring at 5pm letting me know it’s time to stop working and start living. I just keep working until I can’t anymore. I work before I get the kids up for school, all day while they are gone, when they get home until (and occasionally through) dinner, get them fed, spend a little time with them, put them to bed and right back to the computer to work until I can barely keep my eyes open or form a half competent thought.
Rinse. And repeat. But, if my child is sick I don’t have to call in a sitter or miss a day of work. If they have a doctor’s appointment I jump off the computer and into the car to take them, sometimes checking email and working on something quick from the waiting room. There’s a tradeoff here but to me its ultimately worth it!
My #GetItDone Kit
Just to be sure I can Get It Done on the road, at the park, in a coffee shop, etc., I received this great #GetItDone kit that includes my Office 365 Home Premium license, an awesome laptop bag, #GetItDone stickers, a #GetItDone t-shirt, a WiFi Hotspot and an amazing headset for my Skype calls. The timing couldn’t be better for me as I am starting up a new company (more on that later!) and this is a great way to get my office set up and off to a great start! In 2014 I intend to #GetItDone like never before!
Nov 7th Was Get It Done Day
With the holiday season quickly approaching, the need to get things done away from the office has never been greater or more desirable. To help people realize how—and what—they can get done no matter where they are, Microsoft declared November 7th Get It Done Day to start a movement for the unbound accomplishers—everyone from the enterprise Chief Technology Officer to household Chief Family Officers.
To bring the day to life, Microsoft hosted installations in the form of giant checkmarks throughout New York City on November 7th to highlight where major accomplishments are getting done and changing the world. They also showcased how people can collaborate and work together in real-time using technology like Office 365.
Although the #GetItDone movement kicked off yesterday, its not too late! Use the #GetItDone hashtag to join the movement now through Nov. 21st and visit http://bit.ly/GetItDoneContest to enter for a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime!
#GetItDone Trip Of A Lifetime!
Show Microsoft how you #GetItDone. You and a friend could win a trip to some of the most happening events anywhere. Get it done alongside the most accomplished athletes, filmmakers and musicians around—on a trip to NYC, a journey to Park City, Utah, or a musical voyage to Austin, Texas. Visit http://bit.ly/GetItDoneContest to share and enter to win:
- A February trip to NYC, America’s most get it done city—with enough cash to buy tickets to the big football showdown, or catch your favorite Broadway show.
- Slap on your skis and head to Utah this January, where you can get it done in between indie flicks in Park City.
- Fly to Austin in March, where you’ll enjoy a boot-scootin’ week of living history, live music and interactive in the heart of Texas.
5 Tips for how to #GetItDone with Microsoft Office 365
1. Save documents in the cloud. From home, school, work and everywhere in between, it’s important to have tools that work the way you do. Office 365 lets you save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive so no matter where you are, your information and ideas are available on your terms.
2. Take digital notes. OneNote is a digital note-taking app designed to keep you organized. Use it at home, school or work for recipe collecting, class notes, projects and more. Not only is OneNote part of Office 365, but it also comes as a free app for Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad and Android. Capture thoughts, ideas and to-dos in one place with OneNote, then access them across your devices via SkyDrive.
3. Use Office on your phone. Get stuff done on the go with Office on your Windows Phone, iPhone or Android phone. Access, view, edit, and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents by simply downloading Office Mobile on your phone and logging in with your Office 365 account.
4. Collaborate with anyone. Office Web Apps are free, touch-friendly web versions of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and OneNote. Share and simultaneously work on documents with classmates, friends, and co-workers from any browser. All you have to do is sign up for a SkyDrive account to start creating documents.
5. Have Office on five devices. You and your family work on more than one device and so does Office 365 Home Premium. With one subscription you can put Office on up to five PCs or Macs and five phones (iPhone or Android).
Additional ways you can use Office 365 to #GetItDone:
- Keep on top of your fitness goals, nutrition plans, workout routines and more by tracking them in Excel and uploading to the cloud with SkyDrive to share with your trainer, or just to have on-hand when you’re at the gym or on the go with your phone
- Collaborate with friends and family on your next dinner party using SkyDrive to share your latest documents (Word dinner menus, Excel RSVP lists, décor inspirations in OneNote, etc.)
- Stay connected with friends and family using Office Web Apps from anywhere (Office in the browser – so you can collaborate in real-time on documents)
- Keep track of all your priorities like grocery list and carpool schedule with digital notes in OneNote and accessing them from the OneNote mobile app
- Keep a family calendar in Microsoft Outlook to manage an ever-changing busy schedule
- Track all of your family’s travel in a OneNote notebook during the upcoming holiday season
- Keep track of entertaining planning, creating shopping and to-do lists in OneNote and Excel around the holidays
- Plan all of your Thanksgiving or holiday recipes in a OneNote notebook and sharing them with your family via the cloud in SkyDrive for input
- Write a blog post from a coffee shop, then saving it to the cloud so that you can make edits from your phone or tablet when you’re on the go
- Have the kid share their homework assignments with you for review in the cloud with SkyDrive, and editing them while you’re watching their soccer game
- Coordinate the next playgroup activities with the other moms by sharing documents in the cloud with SkyDrive, and using Outlook calendar invites to stay on track with friendly reminders
Office 365 Home Premium includes the following benefits:
The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access.
One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five devices, including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC.
An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage, nearly three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account.
60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world.
Future upgrades, so you always use the latest time-saving technology.
Automatic save to SkyDrive, so your documents — and even your personal settings — are always available from virtually anywhere and on your favorite devices.
Office 365 #Giveaway
Now that you’ve read about how great Office 365 is and see the ways it can help you #GetItDone I thought you might like your own Office 365 Home Premium license! In partnership with Microsoft and One2One Network, I’m able to offer one lucky US reader a one-year subscription (US $99.99 value) of Office 365 Home Premium which can be installed on up to 5 devices, including PCs and Macs! Yeahhh baby!! This giveaway will run for one week only so hurry and enter today!!