Easy Bake Oven
Ok, Moms. Who has NOT had an Easy Bake Oven? I definitely had at least one and my daughter has had at least TWO of them already in her 12 years of life! Which version did/do you have? Did you know that the newest Easy Bake Ovens don’t even require a light bulb? Seriously! Check it out!
2013 will mark the 50 year history of the beloved Easy Bake Oven, and in that time over 23 million Easy Bake Ovens have been sold. Time Magazine even named it one of the Top 100 Toys of All Time! Learn about the evolution of this perennially popular toy, from its turquoise beginnings to the modern, light bulb free version that is being produced today.
Easy Bake Oven Fun Facts
America’s first working toy oven debuted as a turquoise range with a carrying handle and pretend stovetop in 1963. Since then, the EASY-BAKE brand has had a sweet history that spans five decades. Key moments and fun facts about the brand include:
- Twelve EASY-BAKE oven models have been released since 1963, each designed to reflect the colors and oven style of its time. The EASY-BAKE oven has appeared in a variety of colors, including avocado green, harvest gold, pink, purple, and aqua.
- Past EASY-BAKE oven menu items included treats from popular food brands such as Betty Crocker, Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts®, M&M’s®, Dunkin’ Donuts® and OREO®. Not just cakes and cookies, savory EASY-BAKE snacks over time have included popcorn, TV dinners, potato chips, macaroni and cheese, pizza, French fries, and more.
- In 2006, the EASY-BAKE oven was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
- The EASY-BAKE Ultimate Oven retired the light bulb in 2011 and introduced a way for chefs-in-training to bake up tasty treats using a heating element similar to a conventional oven.
- The EASY-BAKE brand has inspired a number of celebrity chefs and famous fans throughout the years.